Just like doors, windows are an important part of your home. Windows can serve your home for more than 30 years but it gets to that time that they have to be replaced. Remember that having functional and newer windows will help in saving energy in your home. When do you know that it’s time to have them replaced?
- Leakage : – If when it rains the windows tend to pass water, they should be replaced. Leakage will damage the house and it will cost more to repair than replace the window.
- Poor energy efficiency : – If the window energy efficiency is poor, the windows should be replaced with new ones
- They no longer have the aesthetic appeal : – Every part of your home should be appealing and enhancing the overall appearance of the home. If the windows have started sagging, have air infiltration pockets, they are bent or bowed, there is no point in keeping them in place. The other reasons are worn out, faded or they look old.
- There is condensation between window panes: – Windows should not collect frost or condensation between the panes. This is a sign that the entire window has to be replaced.
Why you should Install New Windows
Besides improving the aesthetic appeal of your home, installing new windows will help in preventing home damage that may result from leakage. There are more reasons than one to considering this home improvement option.
- It Enhances Energy Efficiency
Inefficient windows lead to heat loss and this means that you will have to spend more on energy bills. This is not good for your budget considering that the loss can be up to 25 percent. If you have been experience an increase in cooling and heating bills for your home, you may want to consider replacing your windows.
- Improves the Aesthetic Appeal of Your Home
This is vital to any homeowner. Perhaps the windows have faded, they look outdated or out of place. They no longer match the theme of your home. If it has reached this point, your home has lost its aesthetic appeal. To improve it, have the windows replaced and the good thing is there are numerous materials that you can choose from.When the windows have started having issues and they look dull, its time to install new ones. You can choose from wooden ones, metal, fiberglass, aluminum and vinyl. This will reduce heating and cooling bills while at the same time enhancing the appearance of the entire home.